Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
· Temperatures of patients and staff will be taken
· We have installed HEPA filters throughout the office and in each operatory.
· Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the office.
· Our office will communicate with you before your appointment to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked questions again when you arrive at the office.
· Patients will be directed to arrive at the time of their appointment or to wait in their vehicles to avoid people waiting in our reception area.
Custom designed mouthguards and nightguards are made of flexible plastic and molded to fit the shape of your teeth. Mouthguards are recommended to protect the jaw and teeth during physical activity and sports such as boxing, football, basketball, or other activities where your mouth may get hit. In addition, these guards protect the soft tissues of your tongue, lips and cheek lining. Nightguards are also recommended for patients who clench or grind their teeth at night as a way to protect their teeth and bite.
If you have decided a guard is right for you, the dentist will take an impression of your teeth which will then be sent to a lab to make a custom fit guard for you. In most cases you can choose from a variety of colors and styles for your guard. On average, guards last between 3 and 10 years.